Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Random Stuff

Random Stuff Feel a restless urge to just post randomly? Then this is the place to do it!
* Posting in here will not raise your post count *

Old 10th November 2010, 01:24 PM
Regular Big Gut

peteyboy is on a distinguished road
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Well I suffered the line at Gamestop and picked up my copy of the game (for PS3) yesterday. Put in a few hours with it last night, and had a ball. Any of you boys picked up a copy and looking to get some digital murder in, just shoot me a message.

On the PSN my handle is: Peatnik
Old 11th November 2010, 02:27 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Strider is on a distinguished road
I'm honestly disappointed overall, it was hyped up way more than it should have been. The same people who did World at War did Black Ops and it shows. Granted it has a lot of different things to do, but that's its only saving grace. The campaign is straight run and gun with no tactics and the AI is so predictable it's sad. Hell I think I've had more fun playing the hidden arcade game then any of the 'real' game modes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcHxiw9QIfc
Old 11th November 2010, 12:46 PM
Regular Big Gut

peteyboy is on a distinguished road
I'll agree the story (while well done) mode doesn't really task you much as a gamer through the gameplay. I upped the difficulty a bit, slowed down the action and added some much needed depth to it, might want to try that.

Far as the online goes, so far I'm much happier with it than I was the last two games. Of course, it all depends on who is on the other end of your headset. A 13 year old child screaming at his mother tends to ruin my shooting high.
Old 11th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Awesome Big Gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyboy View Post
I'll agree the story (while well done) mode doesn't really task you much as a gamer through the gameplay. I upped the difficulty a bit, slowed down the action and added some much needed depth to it, might want to try that.
I played it through on hardened. It was extremely annoying dieing in the same spot 20 times over because of bad game design and not lack of skill. I've played enough FPSers to be able to tell the difference. I most likely won't even bother with veteran difficulty.

Quote:
Far as the online goes, so far I'm much happier with it than I was the last two games. Of course, it all depends on who is on the other end of your headset. A 13 year old child screaming at his mother tends to ruin my shooting high.
Which is why I tend to avoid the multiplayer mode. That and I don't like having to "earn" better weapons. I thought I earned those when I payed $60 for the damn thing. Not to mention rank is just something you get from spending hours and hours playing and has no correlation to skill haha.

Old 12th November 2010, 12:01 PM
Junior Big Gut

wolfbluejosh is on a distinguished road
eh i'm getting bored with the whole call of duty series. it's kind of like android, it's filling the market too much
Old 12th November 2010, 03:16 PM
Graduating Big Gut

fromMUFCwithlove is on a distinguished road
I actually like the story line in Black Ops, I'm not that great at the shooting games, but I would agree that it has all been shooting, and nothing tactical. The use of different vehicles has been enjoyable.

However, the multiplayer IMO is not as good as Modern Warfare 2. I like the new modes introduced but the levels aren't as well laid out. Zombies has to be the best part about Black Ops, even though after a couple of hours the first 3/4 rounds get tedious. A lot of laughs had with my friends on there.
Old 14th November 2010, 04:02 AM
Awesome Big Gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromMUFCwithlove View Post
The use of different vehicles has been enjoyable.
I was actually surprised at how well done this was. They had you driving vehicles often and in most places it fit, unlike the average game that just throws in a half-assed vehicle level because they feel they have to. Plus listening to the Rolling Stones while blowing up shit on a river in Laos was just f'in badass.