Big Guts Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Big Guts Discussion Forum > Big Guts Discussions > Suggestions

Suggestions Feel free to post suggestions to improve your visits here

Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Big Gut

koalachan is on a distinguished road
Just, you know, a suggestion

I think the moderators are doing great and all, but I just have a little suggestion. There are not that many active members on this forum. By active, I mean that post regularly. There is a fair amount, but there are a ton of lurkers. In the spirit of expanding the pool of people posting, I might suggest we not be so harsh with people. When you've only posted a few things and countless people, including moderators, make fun of/ insult / alienate you, it can be hard to get up the courage to post again. I'm not saying you all are mean or anything, just some people aren't as kind as they could be because of petty little things. Also, I think it is the moderators job to make sure that everyone is having a fun and enjoyable time on the site. --- And this is just something I think we should keep in mind. I'm not implying this happened to me or anything, but I have noticed some things that could come off that way. Also, I know that 90% of the lurkers don't have anything good to say anyhow. ~Peace
Old 28th October 2007, 07:44 PM
Awesome Big Gut

Oboeplayer91 is on a distinguished road
I must say that I mostly agree with you. Basically we only have only a dozen or so people who post things regularly, but how do you change it?
Old 28th October 2007, 11:48 PM
Account Disabled

flapduckdude1 is on a distinguished road
i would post more but i am a little afraid to, i have nothing intersting rto think about, all my ideas have been talked about and i have no gut at all so i can't post pictures. thats why i dont post much at all. just putting it out there.
Old 29th October 2007, 03:00 AM
Regular Big Gut

ev1lm0ng00se is on a distinguished road
I posted a topic and it turned out that pretty much every one flamed me for my spelling and grammer.
It hurt. i mean they were comparing me to 734+ speak.
wanna help me get bigger?
Old 29th October 2007, 06:41 AM

Guts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapduckdude1 View Post
i would post more but i am a little afraid to, i have nothing intersting rto think about, all my ideas have been talked about and i have no gut at all so i can't post pictures. thats why i dont post much at all. just putting it out there.
You can talk about anything 'round these parts mate

Do you have an interest? Speak about it.

Weight Conversion
Old 29th October 2007, 06:42 AM

Guts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev1lm0ng00se View Post
I posted a topic and it turned out that pretty much every one flamed me for my spelling and grammer.
It hurt. i mean they were comparing me to 734+ speak.
A little light-hearted ribbing I'm sure

If you're worried about it, you can check your spelling using google desktop, as one suggestion.

Weight Conversion
Old 29th October 2007, 08:01 AM
FatMike

People here seem to take online activity as if it were in real life, and get offended too easily. We are hostile to certain new members because its obvious they're here for the pictures when they post about 15 times within 10 minutes, and are never to be seen again.. its quite obvious they're just using the forum to masturbate to the pictures or otherwise.

I personally haven't insulted anyone on here myself for quite a while I would say. We have had certain members who have been super-sensitive and have hated myself and our other moderator, big_fat_kiddo for no apparent reason though, and its better off that these people who appear to hold grudges for no apparent reason not be here, as they only cause trouble in the end.

However Koalachan, I am very pleased that you were the first person to post some constructive criticism for a long while. When us mods get heaps of shit from various different members and don't really get a explanation why, its extremely frustrating. They participate on the forum, they should know the rules, people here also need to learn as I say above that this isn't the real world. Its a forum, we don't know each other personally so there is no point to take everything said on here like its a personal insult to you. A community doesn't work when nobody or nothing is criticized but instead is only talked about behind others backs. Moderators have thick skins for the exact reason that we don't expect people to like us. This is probably the prime reason why I laugh whenever I hear people want to be moderator. Unless you are willing to accept responsibility that comes with a lot of the community disliking you for no reason apart from the fact that you have higher authority then you on a forum, then don't even think about it

Last edited by FatMike; 29th October 2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 29th October 2007, 01:39 PM
Senior Big Gut

koalachan is on a distinguished road
Yea, ev1lm0ng00se's post was one that I was concerned about. His speech was easily understood by anyone with half a brain, but people were really upset that he didn't form complete sentences. I understand other posters saying stuff about it, but having a moderator be harsh with you is kinda scary, and I don't think it could even be considered internet speak. Maybe a little, but that post was pretty clean and easy to read. I dunno... You can find that thread and read my entirely inappropriate response! Wish I had thought to edit it, it came off really mean.
Old 29th October 2007, 07:36 PM
Regular Big Gut

ev1lm0ng00se is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalachan View Post
Yea, ev1lm0ng00se's post was one that I was concerned about. His speech was easily understood by anyone with half a brain, but people were really upset that he didn't form complete sentences. I understand other posters saying stuff about it, but having a moderator be harsh with you is kinda scary, and I don't think it could even be considered internet speak. Maybe a little, but that post was pretty clean and easy to read. I dunno... You can find that thread and read my entirely inappropriate response! Wish I had thought to edit it, it came off really mean.
woah. you actualy saw that post i posted a while back that was all like OMG MUSIZOR! and crap o.o can i get that deleted???
wanna help me get bigger?
Old 31st October 2007, 06:53 PM
Master Big Gut

BigBellyBoi is on a distinguished road
....wth? musizor??? XDDDD haha i dont know what that is but it sounds funny,lol, but yah, i think we need to find a way to get people to talk more :/
im not saying i talk alot, but i talk enuff....i think :/
Closed Thread